Saturday, January 31, 2015

The end of recess

January 31, 2015 is the last day of my half year recess. Since August 1, 2014, I applied for No-pay leave because of my mother’s health issue.  During the 6 months, I was pretty happy because I spent more valuable time with my family members.  Most importantly, my mom’s health is improving.  I drove my two kids to school almost every day.  Few weeks ago, my kids’ teacher told me that my daughter wanted to see me when she was in bad mood.  I think that I have become an important person in their mind.  To rest is to prepare for a longer journey ahead.  I have realized that there are many important things that need to pay more attention besides work. Family and health are the priority. True happiness cannot be pursued from work.  Seeing the smiles on my kids’ face definitely bring me the most joy. 

No comments: