Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A long flight to the south hemisphere


It took about 14 hours fly from Taipei to Syndeny. We flew to Hong Kong to cath the Qantas airway to Sydeny. It was really a long flight because I coundn't get sleep during the flight. We arrived at Sydney Kingsford Smith airport around 8:40 AM, and the custom inspection took so long because they scan most people's luggages even they have nothing to declare. I think it must be terrible when the Olympic game was held in Sydney in 2000. My host Leanne Cameron asked us to take train to Burwood station. It was not a problem for us to find the station, and we met around 11:00 am outside the station. We then took shower and slept for a while. Around the evening, we had our first offcial dinner in an Italian restaurant at Concord shopping center. We ordered a pizza that is pretty unique. It came with figs (無花果)(see the picture on the left). I am a big fan of Italian foods when I studied in the States. I also had an Italian beer which is similar to Stella, a Belgium beer. It is really nice to enjoy summer in Australia.

No comments: