Sunday, July 06, 2008

North Vancouver

I decideded to visit North Vancouver today. Although I have been there twice, I still think those spots are worth to visit again. I took bus to Cleveland Dam and Grouse Mountain. The Cleveland Dam was bulit in 1954, and it named after Ernest Albert Cleveland, LL.D., first chief commissioner of the Greater Vancouver Water District (1926-52), the Cleveland Dam sits atop the Capilano River Regional Park blocking Capilano Lake, which supplies approximately 40% of the Lower Mainland's fresh drinking water. I walked down to the viewpoint at the bottom of the hill to see the water fall and giant fir. It was a good walk on Saturday afternoon. Grouse Mountain was the next stop. I took the Red Skyride(it costs 37.60 Canadian dollars--it is pretty expensive) to the top of the mountain. I was regret to do that becuse it was foggy on the top. I couldn't get good ariel view of the city and its surroundings. However, I made this decision, and I should enjoy the consequeses. I saw a movie and took walk in the park for about 1 hour. It was dark when I got home. Nice to have a day out and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: