Saturday, October 06, 2007

On-line university




In U.S., on-line degree is recognized and offered at various programs. I visited University of Phoenix three years ago and had chance to talk to people there. The school has more than 160,000 students and offered on-line degree from Associate to Docorate. The faculty members are mostly part-time and have "practical" experiences. I believe students can get good education through the on-line universities because on-line schhols do set certain requirements for students and I know they fail students frequently. However, people are worry about the quality of on-line education. I think this should not be the issue to worry. Most students take on-line courses because they have no other option and they realy want to learn something that can help them to get good job. I also believe on-line university is a trend that will prosper and then gradually substitute some physical classrooms.